Monday 1 March 2010

The perfect pregnancy

In Aug 1999 my husband & I decided it was time to start a family. Why not....we had been married for a few years now, had bought a new house in 1998 & were financially in control. We were lucky enough to fall pregnant in just our 2nd month of trying.

At our first scan at just 8 weeks we got to see our tiny baby & see the heartbeat. No morning sickness at all, the only symptom I had was that I was so so tired all the time. Falling asleep on the couch after work each day became the norm.

At 12 weeks we had another scan & all was going perfectly to plan. 19 week scan revealed that we were having a little girl & so the perfect pregnancy continued. A friend was due a couple of days after me so it was great to be able to share our stories while we were going through much the same things.

Then, something went so terribly wrong - at just 25 weeks & 5 days, my waters ruptured completely .........

No comments:

Post a Comment