Monday 2 September 2013

Nasal sprays and self injecting

In August 2013 i started my synarel nasal spray - one spray in the morning and one spray at night. I tried to make sure i didn't plan anything so that no one needed to see what i was doing and run the risk of having to answer questions!!

I was scheduled for a blood test on 19th August to see if the synarel was doing it's job. I got a call early the next morning to advise that all was great and that i need to start daily injections of Puregon at a dose of 150iu - a small dose as i generally didn't appear to have problems with my eggs and ovulating etc.

I was scheduled for a follow up scan on 29th August to see how things were going.

I hadn't had too many side effects from the medications, apart from some nasty headaches early on - i found that drinking lots of water helped with these and they soon eased though. Didn't help that i had been sick with a nasty head cold for the past 4 weeks also!!!

When my FS did the scan he was extremely happy - looked like i had 12 follicles that were getting close to required size, plus another 10 very small ones (not likely to come to much).

I was scheduled for my EPU procedure for Monday 2nd September!

I took the last of my puregon on Friday night and nasal spray on Saturday morning and then had to have a shot of Ovidrel on Saturday night.

By Sunday night i was feeling very bloated and uncomfortable & extremely nervous for my procedure the next day..

No comments:

Post a Comment